Sorry I’m a few days late but here’s my quote list. A quick rundown for those that don’t know – These are the 1st lines of 10 of my favorite books. Guess what they are. This isn’t in any preferential order. 1 and 2 seem to be popular choices, but they belong on my list so sorry for being redundant. I almost *’ed out the character’s names for 7, but the whole sentence is a dead giveaway if you’ve read the book so screw it.
1. Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.
2. The primroses were over.
3. This is the room of the wolfmother wallpaper.
4. Stately, plump Buck Mulligan Came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.
5. A screaming comes across the sky.
6. It was a nice day. (and to be fair – here’s the second line) All the days had been nice.
7. The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
8. It was love at first site.
9. In the days before the world began, the first Ko Ming Emperor, Mao Tse-tung, stood on the hillside at Wuch’ichen in Shensi Province and looked back at the way he had come.
10. (translated) Midway upon the journey of our life / I found myself within a forest dark / For the straightforward pathway had been lost.